Couples are welcome to be married in church in this
parish if just one of these conditions apply :
- One of them was baptised or prepared for confirmation in the parish;
- One of them has ever lived in the parish for six months or more;
- One of them has at any time regularly attended public worship in the parish for six months or more;
- One of their parents has lived in the parish for six months or more in their child’s lifetime;
- One of their parents has regularly attended public worship there for six months or more in their child’s lifetime;
- Their parents or grandparents were married in the parish.
(All of these refer to Church of England services)
NB : Banns must be read in the parishes where the
engaged couple live and in the church where they will be married.